Ensuring financial sustainability of the protected area system of Serbia
What is the project about
What have we accomplished so far
- Supported the establishment and institutionalisation of the Serbian
Association of National Parks and Protected Areas (NAPS).
- Strengthened the capacities of 30 protected areas in diversifying
their funding sources through a series of workshops on EU
funding for environmental protection.
- Strengthened the capacities of protected areas and the Ministry
of Environment, Mining and Spatial Planning on financial
analysis, planning and the potential diversification of financial
- Produced a thorough assessment of legal and policy frameworks
for protected areas financing and functional review of a
pilot national park.
Who Finances it?
|Global Environment Facility||950,000
- Project start date:
- 1 March 2010
- Estimated end date:
- 31 January 2014
- Focus Area:
- Environment & Energy
- Project officer:
- Ms. Milena Kozomara
- Ministry of Environment, Mining and Spatial Planning