- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 1 - 20 of 95
04 Mar 2015
Adressing an audience of sectoral experts, diplomatic core and members of the media, Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic said that, when it comes to natural disasters, the government is firmly committed to preventive measures.
02 Mar 2015
The Women Parliamentary Network of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia, as an informal network of women MPs from all political parties represented in the Serbian Parliament, is hosting a two-day conference to gather women parliamentarians from Southeast Europe and explore possibilities of future cooperation.
20 Feb 2015
World Day for Social Justice comes at a pivotal moment for people and our planet. Around the world, there is a rising call to secure a life of dignity for all with equal rights and respect for the diverse voices of the world’s peoples. At the core of this movement lies the need for social justice.
20 Feb 2015
Office for Citizens’ Enquiries of the Municipal Assembly of Svrljig has opened today, which will allow for more direct connection between citizens and their representatives, and improved participation of the citizens in the work of the Assembly bodies.
18 Feb 2015
USD 3.64 million grant approved by Japan in support of local-level resilience and disaster preparedness in Serbia
Japan will support municipalities in Serbia this year with a USD 3.64 million grant aimed at increasing local-level resilience and preparedness to respond to disasters. The 12-months-long project will be implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
18 Feb 2015
The new course at Belgrade's Faculty of Political Sciences on Parliament and Democracy represents an innovative educational format which allows for a higher level of efficiency in knowledge management and creation through lectures by eminent experts and practitioners and involvement of course participants from various backgrounds.
11 Feb 2015
More effective public procurement at all levels, including at local - municipal level, is key to the development of both a resilient democracy and a competitive economy in Serbia, concludes today’s conference held in Belgrade.
03 Feb 2015
UNDP Serbia signed two contracts today, covering the construction of 14 new torrential barriers, out of the total of 18 contracted so far. The barriers are to be constructed on riverbeds of II category, in the municipalities which were most affected by last year's flooding, namely in Krupanj, Mali Zvornik, Vrnjačka Banja, Loznica, Osečina, Ljubovija, Kosjerić i Bajina Bašta.
26 Jan 2015
“At UNDP, we see 2015 as a huge opportunity to advance the global sustainable development agenda,” said Helen Clark at the opening session of UNDP’s Executive Board meeting in New York. “The Millennium Development Goals are set to expire at the end of this year and UN Member States will meet in September to agree on the new Sustainable Development Goals, which will guide global development priorities for the next 15 years.”
23 Jan 2015
Davos, Switzerland, 22 Jan 2015 -- “World leaders have a big opportunity this year to shift the world onto a path of inclusive, sustainable, and resilient development," said Helen Clark, Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) today at the annual World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
21 Jan 2015
Transition economies of Europe and Central Asia show high poverty rates and declining life expectancy
Developing and transition economies of Europe and Central Asia show disturbingly high poverty levels, even in some upper middle-income countries, according to research released this week by the UN Development Programme’s new Regional Hub in Istanbul.
06 Jan 2015
Homi Kharas, of the Brookings Institute and special advisor to the UN Secretary-General on post 2015 development agenda, will speak on the need for a radical shift in thinking about development.
29 Dec 2014
The Town Assembly of Pancevo voted today in favour of adopting amendments to their Rules of Procedure, which now introduce public hearings as a regular feature of Pancevo's local democracy.
17 Dec 2014
Accounting for disaster losses in Serbia gained considerable ground this week at a special training event focusing on how to use DESINVENTAR, a database system for recording losses from disasters, as an effective tool to support decision-making about investments on prevention measures.
17 Dec 2014
Legislative Changes Necessary to Introduce Data Standards and Standardize Practices for Opening Data, Finds Workshop
Serbia needs to accelerate growth and improve governance for attracting investments. To do this, Serbia should enable businesses to plan their endeavors better and media and civil society to control the Government more efficiently. Opening data contributes to both
12 Dec 2014
Following the keys handover for 17 houses in Krupanj last week, dedicated to families that have lost their homes to the unprecedented floods in May, Mr. Tomislav Nikolic, the President of the Republic of Serbia and Serbian Prime Minister Vucic opened the doors to another 14 new homes today, for flood affected families in Obrenovac.
10 Dec 2014
On Human Rights Day we speak out.
09 Dec 2014
Let's Break the Corruption Chain: The International Anti-Corruption Day Marked by Roundtable and Annual "Verica Barac" Award
The Serbian Anti-Corruption Agency hosted a roundtable meeting today at the Palace of Serbia, with a view to marking the International Anti-Corruption Day, as well as to award the annual “Verica Barac” award to individuals and organizations which have distinguished themselves by their contribution to combating corruption in Serbia.
07 Dec 2014
Following the successful construction of 17 new houses in Krupanj, intended for the families which have had their homes destroyed by the catastrophic floods in May, Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic led the ceremonial handing out of the keys to newly built homes for 17 Krupanj families today.
05 Dec 2014
An ambulance rushes a wounded child to a hospital. A hungry family receives a warm meal. A battered woman finds free shelter. In scenes of human suffering around the world, hope comes thanks to volunteers who give their time, skills and resources to others in need.
- Ulaganje u obrazovanje i unapređenje položaja devojčica ima značajan uticaj na razvoj celog društva. Obrazovni status majki direktno je povezan sa obrazovnim i zdravstvenim ishodima njihove dece. Na žalost još uvek postoje velike razlike u položaju devojčica iz različitih osetljivih grupa: - Tek 9% devojčica iz najsiromašnijih porodica pohađa predškolsko obrazovanje, u poređenju sa 76% devojčica iz najbogatijih porodica - Samo 15% devojčica iz romskih naselja ide u srednju školu, u poređenju sa 89% mladih opšte populacije - 43% devojčica 15-19 godina iz romskih naselja je već udato, dok je to slučaj kod oko 4 % njihovih vršnjakinja iz opšte populacije Roditelji vaspitavaju devojčice da brinu o porodici, a dečake da budu nezavisni i snažni. Svaka treća devojčica sedmog i osmog razreda osnovne škole je doživela fizičko seksualno uznemiravanje. Za 44% dečaka to je prihvatljivo. Podržimo devojčice da ostvare ravnopravnu poziciju! http://beijing20.unwomen.org/en/infographic/girl-child #VAW #CSW59 #Beijing20 #EndVAW #UNTF #genderequality Unicef Srbija UNFPA in Serbia 5 hours ago
- Život slobodan od nasilja je preduslov humanog i održivog razvoja. Da bi žene ravnopravno učestvovale u ekonomskom, društvenom, političkom ili kulturnom životu, moraju se osećati sigurno i bezbedno kako kod kuće tako i na javnim mestima. Statisktika: • Aktuelna stopa prevalencije porodičnog nasilja nad ženama u Centralnoj Srbiji u 2010. godini je bila 37.5%, dok je ukupna stopa prevalencije (tokom života) 54.2%. • Najčešći oblik nasilja je psihološko (31.8% tokom poslednjih 12 meseci i 48.7% tokom ljudskog života), potom slede fizičko (10.1% i 21.6%) ekonomsko (11.4% i 15.8.6%), dok je najmanje zastupljeno seksualno nasilje (1.2% i 3.8%). • Prema podacima pravosuđa, u 2013. godini 95% osuđenih lica za nasilje u porodici su bili muškarci. • Nasilje u porodici pogađa i druge članove domaćinstva, posebno decu koja su često izložena nasilju kao svedoci/žrtve – u 40% slučajeva gde je žena bila izložena fizičkom nasilju dete/deca su bila prisutna, a 10% dece je bilo i fizički povređeno. http://beijing20.unwomen.org/en/infographic/evaw #VAW #CSW59 #Beijing20 #EndVAW #UNTF #genderequality United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) SayNO - UNiTE to End Violence Against Women Unicef Srbija UNFPA in Serbia Yesterday AT 07:56 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook