The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in Serbia is launching a new program – Together for Sustainable Business, which aim to promote companies that want to improve their businesses and contribute to the sustainable development of society by implementing one or more sustainable development goals into their business. The program aims to contribute to the following objectives of sustainable development: Affordable and clean energy; Decent work and economic growth; Industry, innovation and Infrastructure; Sustainable cities and communities: Climate action; Life on land and Partnership for the goals.
The program is aimed at small and medium-sized enterprises that have been operating for at least two years in Serbia. During the six months of the program, 10 selected companies will work with a team of experts to develop new products and services and integrate environmental and social responsibility into the company's business. Selected companies will have access to following support within the program:
- Over 30 hours of expert support in developing and improving the business model for products and services that contribute to sustainable development;
- Familiarizing management and staff with the objectives of sustainable development of the United Nations;
- Support in measuring and communicating company’s responsibility and contribution to environment protection and circular economy;
- Promotion of the company as a partner of UNDP Serbia in implementing the goals of sustainable development among the relevant business networks and business partners;
- Linking business with business partners and investors who want to support companies that contribute to environment, circular economy and other goals of sustainable development;
- Possibility to promote, connect with other companies and develop their business in other countries through the UNDP global network.
During the selection process, key criteria will be business sustainability and innovation, potential for growth and development, positive impact on the environment and society, as well as the organizational capacities of the company. In focus are companies operating in areas such as food industry, agriculture, energy, lumber industry, tourism, education and related; which have or want to develop positive impact on environment and be pioneers in transition to the circular economy.
Please apply for the participation until 23:59 on January 31st via online application https://bit.ly/2FjdDYc or by sending the application (click here to download the form) to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Sustainable Development Goals and how companies can support these goals, please download the document with more information on this link.
For more information about the program and application you can contact us via e-mail address email@example.com