About the Project:
The project aims to strengthen national decision-making toward ratification of the Minamata Convention on Mercury and build national capacity towards implementation of future obligations, through developing National Mercury Profile and Mercury Initial Assessment Report.
- Policy and regulatory framework, and institutional capacity needs in regard to the implementation of the Convention's provisions assessed;
- National infrastructure and capacity for the management of mercury assessed, including identification of technology and financial capacity building needs;
- Awareness raised on the environmental and health impacts of Mercury.
- Importance of Hg priority interventions at national level raised through mainstreaming in relevant policies/plans;
- Creating an enabling environment for decision-making on the ratification of the Minamata Convention;
- Monitoring and evaluation