Advancing Accountability Mechanisms in Public Finances
What is the project about
Advancing the performance of state and non-state actors, both at central and local level for effective enforcement and prevention of the misuse of public funds.
- State Audit Institution advances its capacities through certification, induction of new staff and improved relations with media
- Public Procurement Office optimizes public procurement spending and supports the central and local authorities to implement the new Public Procurement Law
- The introduction and standardization of internal controls and audit supported through the Ministry of Finance
- Commission for Protection of Rights in Public Procurement Procedures supported in implementing new authorities under the Public Procurement Law
- NGOs and media are better equipped to monitor and report on public finances
- State Audit Institution introduces the prevention pillar for the local level for compliance with the accounting and audit principles
- Prosecutors and judges maximize the use of evidence in processing cases involving misuse of public funds
Who Finances it?