About the Project
The project supports the Government of Serbia in strengthening the methodologies and tools necessary to enhance transparency as described in Article 13 of the Paris Agreement. The project will finalize and launch a monitoring, reporting, and verification (MRV) system that will allow Serbia to define and implement climate change-related policies and measures as expressed in its Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) effectively, and will allow the country to undertake more ambitious commitments in its NDCs over time.
- National transparency capacities for tracking NDC progress from mitigation activities strengthened;
- National transparency capacities for NDC tracking and reporting on vulnerability and adaptation strengthened;
- Domestic efficient MRV system for updating the NDCs that supports stakeholder engagement established and launched;
- Capacity building for competent institutions for the development of GHG emissions projections that fulfill the criteria of transparency, accuracy, consistency, comparability and completeness conducted;
- National GHG Inventories improved and country-specific emission factors for CO2 from different sectors developed;
- NDC tracking and reporting training programme on climate change adaptation and mitigation for specific institutions prepared and conducted;
- NDC tracking and reporting on climate change adaptation aligned with DRR tracking and reporting;
- Climate change issues integrated into other sectorial policies (Agriculture, Water Management, Forestry, Biodiversity, Energy, Transport, Waste Management, Industry etc.);
- Institutional capacities further strengthened, and awareness raised related to climate change issues.