About the Project:
The objective of EE Project is to introduce and support the implementation of municipal Energy Management Systems (EMS), including Energy Management Information Systems (EMIS), throughout Serbia to increase the EE investments in public buildings and municipal services and to facilitate their more energy efficient operation in general.
- EE Project is fully in line with the provisions of the Law on Efficient Use of Energy which stipulates establishing of an EMS in Serbian municipalities and therefore will contribute its implementation.
- EMIS was developed by the UNDP with the purpose of monitoring, analyzing and reporting on the energy and water consumption in public buildings. In that respect, EMIS is a powerful tool for energy management, necessary for the implementation of the Law.
- While the minimum project target by the end of the project is to have at least 30 Serbian municipalities to formally adopt and start the implementation of EMS and EMIS, the EE Project also seeks to facilitate their replication in other Serbian municipalities.
- Complementary activities will include preparation of EE projects in public buildings/facilities (technical identification, energy audits, elaboration of investment packages, etc.) along with the implementation of 0.5 mill US$ grant for 10 EE demonstration projects in public buildings. The grant provided by GEF will be combined with the Budgetary Fund for Energy Efficiency of the Republic of Serbia and municipal co-financing. In total EE Project will mobilize 1 mil US$ for municipal investments in EE and RE projects.
- Further to that, EE Project will include extensive capacity building for identification, preparation and implementation of municipal EE and RE projects and will be combined with the KfW loans for municipal infrastructure.
- In addition to the said activities the EE Project will include advocacy in the field of EE and further development of EMIS and axillary software tools of less complexity aimed at specific tasks of municipal energy management.
For more information please visit www.ems-undp.rs
Download a short summary of the project.