About the Project
The project is supporting the fulfillment of UNFCCC reporting requirements, and the establishment of a regular biennial reporting cycle to UNFCCC (BURs to be submitted biennially, and NCs every 4 years), while improving information exchange and partnership between stakeholders (Govt, research/academia, CSOs, businesses, etc.) in the climate change area. The project will enable the Republic of Serbia to prepare and submit its Second Biennial Update Report (2BUR) and Third National Communication (3NC) to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
- GHG inventories and National Inventory Reports for relevant years (2010-2018) prepared;
- Mitigation scenarios in accordance with relevant strategic directions and requirements of the Paris agreement developed;
- Climate Change scenarios, vulnerability assessment, cost-benefit analyses, losses and damage assessment of adaptation measures developed;
- Sectoral mitigation and adaptation measures in line with UNFCCC, PA and EU accession priorities identified and selected;
- The level of implementation of the mitigation/adaptation measures proposed in previous BURs/NCs assessed;
- Coordination between the climate change and disaster risk reduction (DRR) policies and measures (national and local level assessments and programming, damage and losses assessment, risk insurance etc.) improved;
- Climate change issues integrated into other sectorial policies (Agriculture, Water Management, Forestry, Biodiversity, Energy, Transport, Waste Management, Industry etc.);
- Institutional capacities further strengthened, and awareness raised related to climate change issues;
- Second Biennial Update Report and Third National Communication submitted to the UNFCCC.